- Formulated to address the appearance of even the most stubborn skin discoloration, regardless of skin type or genetic makeup.
- Improvements seen in as early as 2 weeks with progressively dramatic results at 12 weeks and beyond*.
- Helps optimize results of multiple treatment approaches, including chemical peels, laser therapy, microdermabrasion, and prescription skin care products, such as hydroquinone.
- Non-hydroquinone, retinol-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, non-comedogenic formulation.
Lytera® 2.0 has been shown to reduce the appearance of even the most stubborn hyperpigmentation across diverse skin tones, types, and concerns.
Lytera® 2.0 is designed to improve clarity, evenness, and overall appearance of most skin tones and types.
Lytera® 2.0 is non-comedogenic and developed to work well on all skin types. The retinol-free, hydroquinone-free formulation is ideal for all skin types.
Clinical studies demonstrated the following results:
- Improved appearance of evenness of skin tone.
- Improved overall appearance of the skin.
- Increased radiance and clarity of the skin.
- Lessened appearance of darker patches and discolorations.
It’s important to note that results vary depending on severity and cause of hyperpigmentation. For optimal results, patients must comply with their recommended treatment plan, apply sunscreen daily as needed, and avoid excessive sun exposure.
In some cases, results were seen in as early as 2 weeks with increasingly dramatic improvements at week 4, 8, 12 and beyond. Results may vary depending on severity of condition. For optimal results, patients must adhere to treatment plan, use sunscreen daily, and avoid excessive sun exposure.
The safety of our products has not been established in vulnerable populations, including women who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding. Standard cosmetic safety testing is conducted with our products in healthy adult human volunteers that are not pregnant. Lytera® 2.0 does not contain any known teratogenic ingredients, ingredients known to harm mother and/or baby. Therefore, pregnancy is not considered a contraindication for Lytera® 2.0.
Yes. Lytera® 2.0 was designed to work well as a monotherapy or to optimize other treatment approaches.
Allow Lytera® 2.0 to absorb fully into the skin before applying sunscreen, approximately 3-5 minutes.
In clinical studies, optimal results were achieved within 3 months and, in some cases, visible improvements were seen in as early as 2 weeks. However, since hyperpigmentation is a chronic condition that has no known cure, it must be constantly managed with an optimal treatment approach including daily application of SPF and avoidance of excess sun exposure. Use of Lytera® 2.0 is recommended as long as results are desired.
In clinical studies, the formula was shown to be effective when applied to the entire face and was not evaluated as a spot treatment.
For best results, 1 pump of Lytera® 2.0 applied twice daily (morning and evening) is recommended.
Lytera® 2.0 can be used on the face, neck, chest, or other affected areas.
A 2 oz bottle should last 8-10 weeks, if used according to package directions, 1 pump, twice daily (morning and evening).
As with most SkinMedica® products, Lytera® 2.0 should be stored at room temperature 15-30 degrees Celsius (59-86 degrees Fahrenheit). Avoid exposure to extreme heat or cold.